Penn’s Staff & Faculty Eco-Reps Program is currently accepting applications for the 2014-2015 program year. Eco-Reps are employees to who want to reduce Penn’s environmental footprint and enhance the workplace by educating and engaging others in more sustainable actions.
Staff & Faculty Eco-Reps get the tools to spread environmental awareness through “green” tips, projects, events, and creative informational campaigns.
• Attend monthly lunchtime meetings (lunch provided)
• Coordinate a Green Team in your department to get support, spread the word, and be a change agent.
• Share your successes with other Eco-Reps and ask for advice on your challenges; use the expertise of the group at meetings and in the email listserv.
• Communicate with your department about sustainability at least once a month.
• Contribute to University-wide sustainability events, such as ReThink Your Footprint waste minimization campaign and the Power Down Challenge.
In the coming year, Eco-Reps will kick off their Reading Group with The Omnivore’s Dilemma, learn how to conduct a waste reduction assessment in their office, and go on a field trip to a local recycling processing facility.
Apply by sending the completed application form (available on the Green Campus Partnership website, http://www.upenn.edu/sustainability/eco-reps/staff ),to Andrea Kreiner (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 PM on Friday, September 12. The September Staff & Faculty Eco-Reps meeting will be held on Friday, September 25 in ARCH 108.