Needed: Families to foster puppies for the Penn Vet Working Dog Center (PVWDC)!
What is the PVWDC?
• PVWDC aims to raise and train detection dogs
• Detections dogs include Diabetes Alert Dogs, Urban Search and Rescue dogs, Police dogs, and more!
How does the program work?
• Puppies join the program at 8 weeks and train for, on average, for 18 months
• Dogs attend school at PVWDC (35th and Grey’s Ferry) Monday- Friday
• Drop-off is between 7-9am and pick-up between 5-7pm
• During the day the puppies receive training in a variety of areas, including but not limited to: search, agility, obedience, etc.
What does it mean to be a Foster Family?
• Dogs live with Foster Families when they are not in school
• Foster Families are an important part of the puppies’ training but are not required to be trainers
• Trainers will provide you with all the necessary information you need to foster your puppy to success
• All of the supplies you will need will be provided (food, crates, leashes, toys, medical care, etc.)
How do I get more information on becoming a foster family?
Visit http://pennvetwdc.org/training-center/foster-families/ or contact email@example.com